Feel like you never get the chance to stop and truly think? Does your brain scrutinise every positive feeling and prevent you from experiencing the joy of the world that’s already at your fingertips?
My 30-day challenges can help you use integrative life coaching techniques to make incremental changes that will give you a whole new outlook on life. To join in, just take a selfie of you completing the challenge, and tag me in on Instagram.
So, what’s this month’s challenge?
This month’s challenge gives you scope to follow your own path. All you need to do is engage in one mindful activity each day.
Then, take a picture of either the thing that has made you mindful, or the place that inspires contemplation for you, and caption it with the positive feeling or realisation that you have gained.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
Mindfulness can help you find physical, emotional and occupational harmony. Here are just some of the benefits that you might experience:
- Stress relief
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved sleep
- Eased chronic pain
- Enhanced heart health
- Improved digestive health
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Happier, healthier relationships
- Less reliance of psychoactive substances
- Decreased risk of eating disorders
- Improved understanding of obsessive-compulsive behaviour
- Enhanced appreciation for the beauty all around you
- Improved ability to ‘live in the moment’
- Greater capacity for overcoming negative events
- Reduced propensity to dwell on the past
- Decreased preoccupation with notions of success and ego
How can I make the most out of being mindful?
Mindfulness takes many forms. There are so many mindfulness exercises to choose from. And, the more that you use, the more beneficial effects you’re likely to experience.
These are the main activities that I focus on:
- Mindful breathing: Be still and focus only on breathing for at least one minute. Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth in six second cycles. Cut yourself loose from everyday worries; just let the air flow and appreciate its life-giving qualities.
- Mindful awareness: Think of a regular task that you do once per day or more. The next time you do it, stop momentarily and think about where you are and how you feel. Count your blessings for the things that make you able to complete this task, and for the inventiveness of others who have created the tools to help you. Label your negative associations as ‘unhelpful’, then just let them fly free.
- Mindful observation: Recognise the sacred geometry of nature by choosing something in your immediate environment, and focusing your vision on it for a minute or more. Imagine you’re seeing it for the first time, explore all of its properties and try to envision its purpose in the natural world.
- Mindful listening: Our preconceptions of sound are driven by past experiences. Find a piece of music you’ve never heard before, then put on your headphones or find a quiet corner to truly experience it. Try not to think about the genre, artist or song title, just go along for the journey and explore every facet of the piece with your mind. Let yourself become wrapped in the composition, and dance off into your own imagination.
Mindfulness is just one of the techniques I can teach you that will help you realise the potential you’ve already got inside.
Change is never easy. But, with my support and guidance, you will find a friend, teacher and confidant for your journey. Sign up for a free, no strings attached Skype session with me by filling in the contact form at the top of this page.