Welcome back for the latest scrummy segment of 'Meal of the Month'!
Each month, I'll share with you my favourite nutritious meals, so you can make them at home!
With these recipes by your side, and a little support from me, you'll find your nutritional balance and reach your full potential with ease.
What I love about this recipe
This recipe combines all my favourite fruits and allows for a little creativity. You can use whichever fruit, nuts and seeds you like, to make a tasty treat just for you!
Here's a quick overview of this recipe:
- Preparation time = 10 minutes
- Serves = 1 person
Pick and choose your own ingredients, but here is a recipe for one of my favourites, a raspberry-peach-mango smoothie bowl:
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/4 ripe peach, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let's get cooking
- Combine the mango, yogurt, milk and vanilla in a blender. Mix until it's smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl, and top it off with peach slices, raspberries, almonds and chia seeds.
- That's it!
Tips and tricks
- Toast the almonds and coconut flakes for some extra crunchiness.
- Scale up the ingredients to make these healthy treats for your friends.
Per serving (2 cups)
- 374 calories
- 10g fat (5g saturated)
- 8g fibre
- 50g carbohydrates
- 24g protein
- 101mcg folate
- 13mg cholesterol
- 40g sugars
- 0g added sugars
- 2,174 IU vitamin A
- 76mg vitamin C
- 319mg calcium
- 1mg iron
- 94mg sodium
- 864mg potassium
Carbohydrate servings: 3½
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1½ fat
*Recipe courtesy of Eating Well