21 Day Sugar Detox
Do you trust yourself to make the best decision for your health and wellbeing? Do you listen to your body when it is trying to tell you something by using disease/rashes/allergies/depression/lethargy and many many more? So you may be in a job where you are trusted with lots of responsibility and your friends and family trust you with their lives – and so they should.
But do you trust YOURSELF.
Before you can step into the role of master of your life and doing what is best for your wellness you have to believe in you. You have to believe in what you know and what you have to offer. That doesn’t require degrees or lots of money. All it takes is time. Time to build the most important relationship you will ever have, the one with yourself. You know the old saying, if you don’t love yourself how can you expect anyone else to love you? Well I don’t think it’s a good saying but for today I can use it, this is what I think it should say. How can you truly, deeply and completely love anyone else if you don’t love yourself? You may think that the level of love you have for someone at the moment is complete and cant be measured – and I am not saying that its not. However, I do know that you can love even more freely, without fear and without expectation if you give yourself all the love and trust you need.
Remember that all you seek is within you. Nothing is on the outside. You will not find any answers or comfort if you seek outside of yourself. If you do they will be short-lived highs – much like a sugar high. Which will end in a downward spiral into a final crash.
This same self love and trust applies to your wellness when it comes to nutrition and overall lifestyle. Do you think you would give yourself the best if you don’t think you deserve it? Of course this will all be in the unconscious and that is why we make these decisions blindly – and wonder how did we end up here? Why do I keep eating that chocolate that is clearly making me feel worse? Why am I always too tired to workout? Everything is connected and flows into one another and will have an affect on all the aspects of your life.
Love yourself. Trust yourself. And know that you deserve the best. That includes healthy nutritious fuel for your body, a great workout to get the muscles working and sufficient rest.
If you would like to learn how to love and trust yourself on a deeper level please contact me via the website.
“Never let the thoughts of self-unworthiness re-arrange your prepared passion for failure. You can do it even if others say you can't. But you cannot do it if you tell yourself you can't.”
Brunch: Scramble Egg, Bacon, Banana “Pancake” & Carrot Juice
Dinner: Beef & Brocoli Stir Fry, Stir fried veggies with cauliflower mash
3L Happy Days
Guidelines for Coming off the diet after 21 days
the information is from the 21DSD
- The day after your 21 sugar detox ends, choose one food to eat again (that you haven’t been eating)
- Eat that food at all three meals along with foods you had included during your detox – so you reintroduce only one potentially problematic food at a time
- Do not eat that food again for the next 2 days
- Note any changes in the following for a full 72 hours after eating the food: mood, energy, appetite, digestive function (like bloating, gas, loose stool, or diarrhea), headaches, inflammation, and mental clarity. Your notes will be some of your best guides as to whether you are sensitive to the food you just reintroduced. Listen to your body.
- The author of the 21DSD book recommends never reintroducing gluten-containing grains such as wheat, barley, rye, and spelt. She also does not recommend making pasteurized dairy or unfermented soy products a regular part of your life
- Add back foods little by little. A bender on a bunch of sugary foods will almost always leave you feeling very sick.
- Starchy foods are best consumed on days when you are most active, in the meal following your activity, like potatoes & sweet potatoes.
- Continue to avoid refined foods such as bread, pasta, cereal, and other products made from flour and purchased in packages. The longer it can last on the shelf the more bad products it contains. Keep it fresh and healthy.
- Don’t have candy immediately after the detox – instead choose fresh or dried fruits. Fruits should not be eaten alone if you have had problems with blood sugar regulation and cravings. Also stick to what is in season and berries are the lowest in sugar.
CROSSFIT WOD - GETTING FIT & STRONG
▪ 2 Min Jog/Row
▪ 20 Jumping Jacks
▪ 10 Samson Stretch
▪ 10 Lateral Lunges
▪ 10 Good mornings
▪ 10 Air Squats
▪ 10 Arm Circles (forward, back, across body & up/over)
▪ 10 Tricep side bends
Front Squat 4x3 (70%)
Split Jerk 5x3 (70%)
3 Rounds for Time
6 Thrusters #55, 12 KB swings, 15 Box jumps
*WOD - Workout Of The Day
* HBBS - High Bar Back Squat
XXX SWEET SUGAR FREE DREAMS XXX